- It’s okay to enjoy your meals but eat less
- Avoid overeating and sized portions
- Make half your plate fruits and veggies
- Switch to fat-free or low fat (1%) dairy products
- Follow a lower sodium diet
- Drink water in place of sugary beverages
- Cut back on solid fats (e.g. trans fats, saturated fats), refined grains and added sugars
- Eat more whole grains
- Add more veggies to each and every meal
The Nerdel Company, a multi media company that wants to empower kids all over the world with the knowledge and information to make healthier nutritional choices and improve their physical fitness, has produced a new PSA (Public Service Announcement) that encourages kids to eat more fruits and veggies and to grow them in their own garden. The short video, titled Nerdel Loves Fruits & Veggies: From My Garden To MyPlate, features the amazing puppets of The Nerdel Company: Nerdel, Chef Mangel (pronounced Mahn-jel) and the Zeppets. You can see this entertaining and educational video at www.nerdel.com, at the top right corner.
The Nerdel Company has also been a supporter of the President’s Challenge (fitness.gov) to encourage all Americans to improve their physical fitness.
“Fighting junk and bad nutrition,” is their mission!!